CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lunch with my past



I had to schlep up to what I will forever refer to as the Georgia side of Chattanooga for work today. We are opening two new centers up there and I had to go look for sites; but that is not what this is about.


I know that is not the most politically correct place to eat; but as my friend David, one of the gayest men I have ever known, once said "Jules just say a little prayer for them and then enjoy your dinner." I grab take away from Cracker Barrel quite a bit when I'm on the road. I can grab the grilled chicken w/ green beans and a salad, be low in points and my have nosh still be tasty.


Since I was heading back to the ATL take away wasn't an option so I ate in. As I was sitting there at the table enjoying my diet brown w/ lemon and trying to solve the peg game, which I never have thank you, an overwhelming since of loss came over me. It took a minute for it to dawn on me what my malfunction was. Stopping for lunch at CB was one of those things that was a Jules and dad thing. Since I've been so busy for work; I hadn't noticed that the 14th Annual Jules Day,the anniversary of my dad dying, is bearing down on me.
I have to pay attention to things or I'm going to end up tearing up like some crazy person while ordering lunch. My dad would frown upon that and as a general rule so do I.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It is very healthy just to realize before you are bawling at CB that is what is happening...I just had one of those moments with my husband. WHne I have my connection I'll say more.