CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just Sad...


Yesterday I was all excited because I was going to be home by 3. Things didn't go according to plan. There was a 6 hour ground stop on all Midwest airports from ATC for severe storms...never mind that it was beautiful where I was.
While waiting in the airport, the news broke that Tim Russert had passed away. So I spent the following time glued to a TV monitor trying not to openly weep in the middle of the airport because I didn't want to appear to be nuts or that upset that my flight was delayed. It just made me terribly sad. He was fine one minute and gone the next...much like my dad. It was strangely comforting to watch the talking heads and famous people that Wolff Blitzer was talking to be just as caught of guard as I was.
I feel awful for his family, as they were still off celebrating his son's graduation. I feel more than awful for his son, as I am all too familiar at to how badly that sucks. I also feel bad for America. Who is going to do their homework and ask the hard questions when they need to be asked, and not be a jerk about it. Who will bust out a white board to break down the electoral college because most people had forgotten how it work? It's just sad...