CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

ATL...


...is the airport code for Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport; the busiest airport in the world 0r where I spend a majority of my Friday afternoons and part of my Monday mornings. It is an incredibly large place; it is approximately a mile long, vertically, if you choose to walk from the ticket counter, through security, and to the furthest terminal, E as in Echo.

I almost always fly out of the D as in David terminal...it really should be D as in Delta, but that would confuse the hell out of some people. I always walk to and fro Gate D8. It's just about a mile. It's a pleasant walk. It gives me a chance to stretch my legs once I've landed or burn off some ire before I leave for home. It also makes for great people watching.

If you walk from security to terminal A there is 300 feet of really awesome sculpture from artists that were born in Zimbabwe. They are just out in the middle of the aisle between the moving sidewalks. They are all amazing, enormous examples of what some vision, patience, skill, and a large piece of rock can become. It is also nice to see something so beautiful come out of a country that is experiencing so much strife these days.

This particular piece is called "The Conversation". It is once of my favorites. I vacillate between thinking it is representative of tribal elders telling oral histories or the three witches in Macbeth. Either way it is a remarkable piece of art.

0 comments: