CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fatherless Day!!!


Tomorrow is my least favorite holiday of the year. I used to enjoy it. There were cook-outs and presents; a good time was had by all. Then again it's hard to celebrate Father's Day when you are sans the celebrated.
I have spent the past month being bombarded by messages in my in-box reminding me to not forget Father's Day. Little innocuous reminders of someone I have lost...like I would ever forget Father's Day. I haven't forgotten my dad for one day of the 12+ years that he's been dead. I don't need some dumb ass e-mail from Hallmark to remind me.
If my dad were still around; I would have bought him a card very similar to the one on the left...and we would have made great fun of it for being overly cheesy. I miss the little things like that...but then again I miss everything.

0 comments: