CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Apparently...


...I rule!
I'm back to Georgia for work again this week. It's going to be a long one...I have at least 3 meetings a day and some of those days require a 2+ hour drive from Atlanta.
Work kicked my ass last week. I was dealing with left-over evil from the week before. I'm talking to you Centro Watts!!! Then my construction bids were high and that set off the corporate jungle drums! The bottom line was that because new corporate policies have made my life increasingly difficult...I have no leverage to negotiate with. Things that were no problem in the past are now land mines.
But out of now where on Friday the skies opened and things stopped sucking. One of the counties that I have been working very closely with, these are some insanely nice people, saved me. They've decided to add night school for their second semester. It was a big score for me, as I'm no marketing person, and I'm the person that they have spent the most (read ALL) time with. So now I'm off the shit list.
I'm sure all of the corporate people are thrilled for their financial windfall...of which I don't expect to see anything. Yet, I am more excited for this school district up in NW Georgia that has one of the most forward thinking superintendents I've met in almost 9 years of working with districts. They are doing whatever they can to help their students be successful and earn their diplomas without having to decide what is more important, helping out their families or getting their education. Helping kids succeed no matter what situation they are in...what a novel idea!

2 comments:

Jezcabelle said...

That is just awesome to hear. I love that I know you & you share things that make me not want to destroy the upper echelons of power associated w/ the industrial school system. I like having hope for our future.

];-*

Unknown said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Some good news on the work front!! I still miss the place and the time together...but my little men are pretty amazing too.