CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

12 year ago today....

...my dad died. The night before I tried to convince him to go to a Dave Matthews Band concert with me and my friends in Pittsburgh. The next morning he mowed the grass and had a heart attack.

I really want to break out all of the windows in my hotel room and down a fifth of Jameson. Seeing as how that kind of behavior is frowned upon...I won't do any of those things. But I really, really want to. I guess I'll just cry as I do some work...slightly more acceptable behavior.

4 comments:

Jezcabelle said...

I love you.

Jane said...

I hear you my friend! Nothing is worse than the "bad day". I won't lie, it doesn't get easier. Some years aren't terrible, but it never stops sucking! Hang in there my friend!

Unknown said...

Sucks that you are in a hotel room on this day!! ANd I agree everyone has one day that once a year just sucks...hope you don't get a new "bad day!" ANd we do all love you! But you can still drink (only a little) Jamison...and that is a miracle in the last 12 years!

Holly Jolly Christmas (HJC) said...

This seriously makes me want to go hug my dad and spend more time with him, even though we drive each other nuts sometimes.

Thank you for reminding me of what's important - hope you get some down time soon, you deserve it!