CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Starvin' Marvin



Man alive have I been hungry this week. Although, I am continuing my "Amazing Shrinking Amazon" progress. I have absolutely no idea what has brought this about. Let's look at the usual and unusual suspects.


1. Stress

Work has been just this side of "cruel and unusual" as of late. I am working my flat Polish ass off. There's the whole 7 out of 8 weeks on the road thing combined with the 10 centers that need to be opened for the first day of school. Top that off with the crazy amount of driving that it takes to get to my three rural sites. I am the walking embodiment of stress.


2. Boredom

Travelling for work is neither fun nor glamorous. It totally messes with your social life and makes you terribly lonely sometimes. Reading a book and eating dinner at the bar of a restaurant (bartenders tend to be chatty so it's almost like talking to someone you know) gets old. Sitting in a hotel room by your lonesome gets old. Being bored and alone is a dangerous combination for me; as it allows me ample time to brain fuck things to death. My brain is 65% brilliant, 10% full of stupid shit, and 25% scary.

3. Working Out

It may be totally possible that all of the exercise that I am partaking in may actually need to be fueled. As unimaginable as it seems; I could actually need food for its intended purpose, to fuel the amazon suit.
That's a scary ass thought...after 33 years I may be actually learning that stuffing my pie hole with crap doesn't make me any less stressed or bored. Craziness! I tell ya...Craziness!

5 comments:

Jezcabelle said...

You can always call me & if you smile I'll sing you the Golden Girls theme song. I love that you're self-aware enough to know when you are mindfucking things. & once you are back here I want you to see the clean apartment. I need honesty outside of my own head.

];-}

Julie said...

I think we all have these times that we are more hungry than "normal". I think it's our bodies way of telling us that we are doing something right.

Unknown said...

SO here is some random shit...the New kids On the Block concert in Toronto sold out in 4 minutes...come on now they were fun for a minute but they really are BAD!!!

Shiftingconstant said...

Keep up the great work! I'd be surprised if your boost in metabolism wasn't the cause for the starvin marvin!

Unknown said...

All of the above and probably some you don't even want to admit to us...or yourself.