CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter...

or March 23rd.

When I was a kid quite possibly my favorite part of Easter was coloring eggs. My Grandma made the most beautiful eggs; they were marbled. I would try to make some of mine like hers but mine were always muddy. Hers were always vibrant.

The non-professional egg coloring took place at my Granny and Granddad's. Every year someone tried to make the mythical "Charlie Brown" egg with the wacky wax crayon that came in the pack of dye. I don't remember if any of us perfected that technique.

This year I am celebrating Easter like our non-christian friends; hanging out with friends, watching movies, and ordering take away. I'm giving the pomp and circumstance a break this year.

1 comments:

Holly Jolly Christmas (HJC) said...

Jules - LOVE the new blog! And your post definitely inspires some nostalgia for me also. The part about being with the Grandparents - we used to always spend Easter with them as well. Those were some good times!

Sounds like you have a fun day planned for tomorrow - so enjoy!