CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

4000 Dead is 4000 Too Many....


Think what you may about the War in Iraq and this presidency; but I believe we can all agree that 4000 dead soldiers is unacceptable. Actually 1 dead soldier is unacceptable in my book.
I spent 4 and a half years teaching at-risk students and helping them reach their goal of graduating with a High School diploma. Quite a few of those student joined the military, mostly the Marines. Every Sunday morning as I watch the political pundits argue back and forth, I hold my breath as they show the "In Memoriams" fearing that I will know one of those names. I've been fortunate...others haven't been.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Everytime the news says we have lost someone from this part of the world I hold my breath that it is not one of the ones that we hauled kicking & screaming through high school!

Jenny Brazil said...

As selfish as it may sound, I was so thankful that my dad retired from the military shortly after 9/11. My brother in law has been over there for three separate tours now and I was also thankful when he became a recruiter, because it meant he's staying state side.

Up until I moved to WI, I've always lived in a military town. I too hold my breath whenever I see a "in memory of"...